Deck Construction Rules
- Cards per deck: At least 60 plus a 15 cards sideboard.
- Allowed sets: Fourth Edition, Ice Age, Chronicles, Renaissance, Rinascimento, Homelands, Alliances, Mirage, Visions, Fifth Edition, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Exodus, Urza’s Saga, Urza’s Legacy, Sixth Edition, Urza’s Destiny, Mercadian Masques, Nemesis, Prophecy, Invasion, Planeshift, Seventh Edition, Apocalypse, Odyssey, Torment, Judgment, Onslaught, Legions, and Scourge.
- Reprint rules: Every tournament-legal reprint is allowed.
Contemporary rules and errata are followed.
Banned and Restricted Cards
- Banned: Amulet of Quoz, Balance, Brainstorm, Bronze Tablet, Channel, Demonic Consultation, Earthcraft, Entomb, Flash, Force of Will, Goblin Recruiter, Grim Monolith, Jeweled Bird, Land Tax, Mana Vault, Memory Jar, Mind Twist, Mind’s Desire, Mystical Tutor, Necropotence, Rebirth, Strip Mine, Tempest Efreet, Tendrils of Agony, Time Spiral, Timmerian Fiends, Tolarian Academy, Vampiric Tutor, Windfall, Worldgorger Dragon, Yawgmoth’s Bargain, Yawgmoth’s Will.
- Restricted: No card is restricted in Premodern.
Check our Events Calendar to find out when is the next Premodern tournament taking place.