Old School Brawl
Deck Construction Rules
- Cards per deck: 60 including your commander (any legendary creature). No sideboards are used. Except for basic lands, your deck cannot contain more than one copy of the same card.
- Every card in your deck must only use mana symbols that appear on your commander. Colorless cards are allowed as well.
- Allowed sets: Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Revised, Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends, The Dark, Fallen Empires, plus the following Harper Prism Books Promos: Arena and Sewers of Estark.
- Reprint rules: Every reprint that is Old Frame, uses the original art and is non-foil is allowed.
Contemporary rules and errata are followed, with a few exceptions:
- The first mulligan is to 7 cards.
- Chaos Orb: 1, Tap: Choose a nontoken permanent on the battlefield. If Chaos Orb is on the battlefield, flip Chaos Orb onto the battlefield from a height of at least one foot. If Chaos Orb turns over completely at least 360 degrees during the flip, and lands resting on the chosen permanent, destroy that permanent. Then destroy Chaos Orb.
- Falling Star: Choose any number of non-overlapping creatures on the battlefield. Flip Falling Star from a height of at least one foot. If Falling Star turns over completely at least 360 degrees during the flip, it deals 3 damage to each chosen creature it lands resting on. Any creatures damaged by Falling Star that are not destroyed become tapped.
- Abu Ja’far, King Suleiman, Sindbad, El-Hajjâj, Uncle Istvan, Ali Baba, Ali from Cairo, Aladdin, Pixie Queen, and Niall Silvain are considered legendary creatures.
Banned and Restricted Cards
- Banned: Bronze Tablet, City in a Bottle, Contract from Below, Darkpact, Demonic Attorney, Jeweled Bird, Karakas, Library of Alexandria, Rebirth, Tempest Efreet.
- Restricted: Every non-basic land card is restricted.
You can find more information about this format on their website.
Check our Events Calendar to find out when is the next Old School Brawl tournament taking place.