Deck Construction Rules
- Cards per deck: At least 60 plus a 15 cards sideboard.
- Allowed sets: Harper Prism Book Promos, Fourth Edition, Ice Age, Chronicles, Renaissance, Rinascimento, Homelands, Alliances, Mirage, Visions, Fifth Edition, Weatherlight, Portal, Tempest, Stronghold, Exodus, Portal Second Age, Urza’s Saga, Urza’s Legacy, Sixth Edition, Urza’s Destiny, Portal Three Kingdoms, Starter 1999, Mercadian Masques, Nemesis, Prophecy, Starter 2000, Invasion, Planeshift, Seventh Edition, Apocalypse, Odyssey, Torment, Judgment, Onslaught, Legions, and Scourge.
- Reprint rules: All standard-sized reprints are allowed, including non-Tournament legal: Collectors’ Edition, International Collectors’ Edition, gold-bordered World Championship and Pro Tour cards, and artist proofs.
Contemporary rules and errata are followed, with a few exceptions:
- Mana burn is in effect.
- Judgment Wishes (Burning Cunning Wish, Death Wish, Golden Wish, and Living Wish) can look for exiled cards, not just cards from your sideboard.
- Damage uses the stack.
Banned and Restricted Cards
- Banned: Amulet of Quoz, Balance, Brainstorm, Bronze Tablet, Channel, Dark Ritual, Demonic Consultation, Flash, Goblin Recruiter, Imperial Seal, Jeweled Bird, Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Memory Jar, Mind Twist, Mind’s Desire, Rebirth, Strip Mine, Tempest Efreet, Timmerian Fiends, Tolarian Academy, Vampiric Tutor, Windfall, Yawgmoth’s Bargain, Yawgmoth’s Will.
- Restricted: No cards are restricted.
You can find more information about this format on their website.
Check our Events Calendar to find out when is the next Middle School tournament taking place.