Canadian Highlander 93/94
Deck Construction Rules
- Cards per deck: 100 cards, you cannot play more than one copy of the same card except for basic lands. No sideboards are used. There is a list of cards that cost points to include in your deck. You may “spend” up to 10 points to add cards from that list to your deck.
- Allowed sets: Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Revised, Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends, The Dark, Fallen Empires, plus the following Harper Prism Books Promos: Arena, Mana Crypt, Nalathni Dragon and Sewers of Estark.
- Reprint rules: All reprints with original art are allowed.
Contemporary rules and errata are followed, with a few exceptions:
- Mana burn is in effect.
- Chaos Orb: 1, Tap: Choose a nontoken permanent on the battlefield. If Chaos Orb is on the battlefield, flip Chaos Orb onto the battlefield from a height of at least one foot. If Chaos Orb turns over completely at least 360 degrees during the flip, and lands resting on the chosen permanent, destroy that permanent. Then destroy Chaos Orb.
- Falling Star: Choose any number of non-overlapping creatures on the battlefield. Flip Falling Star from a height of at least one foot. If Falling Star turns over completely at least 360 degrees during the flip, it deals 3 damage to each chosen creature it lands resting on. Any creatures damaged by Falling Star that are not destroyed become tapped.
Banned and Restricted Cards
- Banned cards: Bronze Tablet, Contract from Below, Darkpact, Demonic Attorney, Jeweled Bird, Rebirth, Shahrazad and Tempest Efreet
- Restricted cards: Every card, except for basic lands, is restricted.
- 5 Points: Ancestral Recall, Black Lotus, Library of Alexandria.
- 4 Points: Demonic Tutor, Mana Crypt, Mind Twist, Sol Ring.
- 3 Points: Mox Emerald, Mox Jet, Mox Pearl, Mox Ruby, Mox Sapphire, Time Walk.
- 2 Points: Balance, Time Vault.
- 1 Point: Mana Drain, Mana Vault, Strip Mine.
Check our Events Calendar to find out when is the next Canadian Highlander 93/94 tournament taking place.