93/94 Old School: Eternal Central
Deck Construction Rules
- Cards per deck: At least 60 plus a 15 cards sideboard.
- Allowed sets: Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Revised, Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends, The Dark, Fallen Empires, plus the following Harper Prism Books Promos: Arena, Sewers of Estark and Nalathni Dragon.
- Reprint rules: Every reprint that is Old Frame, uses the original art and is non-foil is allowed.
Contemporary rules and errata are followed, with a few exceptions:
- Mana burn is still in effect.
- Chaos Orb: 1, Tap: Choose a nontoken permanent on the battlefield. If Chaos Orb is on the battlefield, flip Chaos Orb onto the battlefield from a height of at least one foot. If Chaos Orb turns over completely at least 360 degrees during the flip, and lands resting on the chosen permanent, destroy that permanent. Then destroy Chaos Orb.
(Note: because of how Chaos Orb is worded, with it being destroyed after a flip, it can still be Disenchanted or Shattered in response to the activation, which will nullify the ability to flip, since it is no longer on the battlefield. This is consistent with the wording of Chaos Orb not being sacrificed upon activation, as it probably would with modern templating. Also note that Chaos Orb chooses, but does not target.)
- Falling Star: Choose any number of non-overlapping creatures on the battlefield. Flip Falling Star from at least a height of one foot. If Falling Star turns over completely at least 360 degrees during the flip, it deals 3 damage to each chosen creature it lands resting on. Any creatures damaged by Falling Star that are not destroyed become tapped.
(Note: Falling Star chooses upon resolution, but does not target.)
- Ring of Ma’rûf: 5, Tap, Exile Ring of Ma’rûf: The next time you would draw a card this turn, instead choose a card you own from exile or from your sideboard, and put it into your hand.
- If a match would be a tie, the tiebreaker will be a sudden death Chaos Orb flipping contest. If both players make or miss the Chaos Orb flip in the same round, repeat the process. The first person to make it while the other person misses will be declared the winner of the match.
Banned and Restricted Cards
- Banned: Bronze Tablet, Contract from Below, Darkpact, Demonic Attorney, Jeweled Bird, Rebirth, Tempest Efreet.
- Restricted: Ancestral Recall, Balance, Black Lotus, Braingeyser, Channel, Chaos Orb, Demonic Tutor, Library of Alexandria, Mana Drain, Mind Twist, Mox Emerald, Mox Jet, Mox Pearl, Mox Ruby, Mox Sapphire, Recall, Regrowth, Sol Ring, Time Vault, Time Walk, Timetwister, Wheel of Fortune.
You can find more information about this format on their website.
Check our Events Calendar to find out when is the next 93/94 Old School: Eternal Central tournament taking place.